Saturday, August 24, 2013

Random 5 Friday...on Saturday...again

Support your local Farmers...
  Of course it is Saturday by the time I get around to Random 5 Friday...sorry Nancy...but in honor of our FARMER HOST, NANCY I am sharing my take for today!

1.  Our Saturday Farmers Market is a wonderful gathering place in our small town community.  This is my take for today...notice the purple beans in the corner...I eat them as is!  What you don't see is the purple lettuce, the sunflowers shoots with a nutty flavor, and the pea sprouts both of which I eat on top of a slice of jarlsberg and avocado for a snack, and of course in a salad with the rest of the veggies you see here.  And Nancy, I can hardly believe that you are just now getting around to eating raw carrots!!!  Try dipping them in some RED HOT sauce...

2.  Last shopping trip to prepare for the 3rd child's trek off to college.  Hope it all fits in her dorm.
Bittersweet it is.  Roots and wings and all that.

3.  The past couple weeks' weather was more autumn like than it should have been for mid August.  It was the perfect sleeping weather with all the windows opened to take in the fresh air, and the night sounds of the owls, the quiet noise of the katydids, and of course those crickets and peepers.  If you have never heard the peepers in the northeast, well it surely is an incredible sound from such a tiny creature.

4.  We are back to the hot, humid days of summer, that is August.  Though, I could have taken the fall like temps right up until December.

5.  The universe continues its conversation with me, through the booming thunder and the rays of sunlight that pierce my very being.  My soul is alive!!!

Thank you NANCY!

5 comments:

  1. it seems as if August has been a crazy weather month everywhere. It's cool here too with nights going down into the 50s already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog! Thank you for joining in the fun . . Saturday is a very good day.

    Hot sauce on carrots??? Okay, I'll have to give that a go . . it's a very different thought for me.

    I like that you & the Universe are in conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing my friend!

    As for the carrots, I dip them in Walden's No Calorie Salad Dressing. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would love to have a farme's market close by every Friday! Scrumptious pepper - the colors and the taste must be also something else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farmers markets are the best! We went to a couple on vacation, but rarely make it to our own (what's up with that?) I am missing the cool "sleeping weather".... can't wait because I don't do well with heat.... enough already!

    ReplyDelete