Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Determination

The chaotic side of my creativity is sometimes counter productive.  For at this moment, I have more unfinished art projects than I care to admit.  I think back to my first altered book that I named, "PASSION'S SLAVE".  It was a tiny little board book that came to life quite effortlessly.  I didn't think about it, I didn't plan it...it just happened.  And my 2nd altered book named, "YOU'RE MY THRILL", came to life the exact same way.  They are tucked away in the bottom drawer of a dresser in my abandoned attic studio.  I have shown them in public only once a few years ago when I participated in the ALTERED BOOK/BOOK SHOW at Hamish and Henry Bookstore in Livingston Manor.  They were not for sale...they were a part of my soul then, as they are now.


Well, tomorrow, I will take them out and put them on display in a very prominent location so as to kick-start the creative chaos into high gear again and dig down deep into my soul for some loving inspiration to perhaps finish some of these projects.


It's late...tomorrow's another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment