Friday, March 13, 2009

Creative Chaos

"The creative mind plays with the object it loves."...so says Carl Jung.

Right now it is the books...loads and loads of books. Pages and pages of printed words that sometimes just boggle the mind. But, for some reason intrigued me enough to buy for whatever reason...to read, to gift, to put on my shelf to just look cool, to alter... The collecting of old books has gotten way outofhand...for my "altered book" projects are causing a bit of a storage problem in my art studio; aka dining room! So, organization of these projects is a must. And now that a custom order is fiiiiinally complete, I can re-group, re-organize, and finish the next custom order!

When the creative process is in full swing, a disorganized person is probably great fun to watch... "FROM AFAR". The tossing of this, the shuffling of that, the words underbreath so the little darlings can't hear...ahhh, creativity at its best!

Thankfully, I have a wonderful support team in my family, and a wonderful circle of friends who all know about the creative process.

I am happy to announce that I, too, have taken the handmade pledge.
Have a wonderful day/night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I know about all of this. There's an art show in Montgomery who's works are her own interpretation on Jung. Wanna do some sort of chinese fire drill with the local galleries this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is my dining room? I know its there somewhere under the soaping supplies, molds, fragrances, and glitter????

    ReplyDelete