Wednesday, April 12, 2017

LIberate Your Art Postcard Swap 2017

This is my postcard for the 
Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap 2017, my 5th year,
hosted by Kat Eye Studio
I made them from a mixed media piece 
done for a challenge...that I won btw.


This is my decked out envie that was
featured on Kat's blog for the swap. YAY!

And here we go with the ones I received...
Postcard # 1 titled "FLORAL CHALLENGE" comes 
from Linda Ursin in Norway, where she made
this work of art into apparel, home decor and even phone cases.  

My postcard # 2 hails from Ireland! This acrylic painting titled, "MOSS STONE" is from Jacinta. I just had to sneak out into my woods to find this perfect stone to display it. You can find the original painting here www.jmirishart.wordpress.com 

Postcard # 3 is from Janet McQueen in Manitoba, Canada. This digital painting is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!
Titled: "Pigeon Feeder in Covent Gardens, London". 

You can find this and more of her work at jmcqueenphoto.com
I LOVE IT! 


 Well, well...my postcard # 4 is from my BFF Nina, 
from Happy Herbs Soap @ Two Crow Cottage, right here in the beautiful Hudson Valley of New York. And since I frequent her gardens regularly, it seemed fitting to stage her wonderful postcard on the very gear that is featured in her postcard. 
How cool is that? 
I love it here! You can find her great soap, incense and oils on Etsy!

My soulful # 5 postcard is from Kathy McIntire of Solsisterstudio in Little River, SC. And since Spring has finally sprung, 
I ventured out into the sunshine to catch some rays.

The pièce de ré·sis·tance is from the wonderful host of the swap,
Kat Sloma of Kat Eye Studio, where you can learn everything you need to know about iPhone Photography.  Check it out!
THANK YOU KAT FOR ANOTHER
WONDERFUL POSTCARD SWAP!  

 

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful artcards. Each one so unique. My youngest boy attends college in Albany ... while my oldest is all the way over in Colorado. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure glad I tummble on to your blog, you can Thank you Sue.
    I've done a few artist trading cards. But this look interesting. I write letter or some may call it snail mail.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki :-) I love the gorgeous postcards you received, and the creative settings you made for them :-) Your sent postcard is so beautiful! So good to meet you!

    ETA, my auto spell was trying to spell for me and came up with something outrageous, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! And I love what you do with altered books! I love to make books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kind of mixed media, but I never seem to get around to doing it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! And what a variety of places they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You received some beautiful cards. And displayed them so nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing where all the postcards landed and you arranged them beautifully for the shots. You got some great ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super mixed media card and envelope - it looks like you have lots of fun. You received a lovely selection of cards and displayed them so well. Such a super way to meet new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just such lovely cards Vicki. Congrats on the mixed media win! What are the odds you;d get a card from your BFF!!?? That's neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to go back to the garden where that purple gear is to show her postcard. You should join us in the swap...print some more of those wonderful monarch postcards that I got from your etsy shop, many moons ago! My daughter framed it! Aloha Kelly! Thanks for keeping in touch!

      Delete
  12. You got one of mine and I got one of yours :) Fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing all of these postcards! So much fun!! So much beauty!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your work. So good to see it again this year. And of course, the postcards you found in your mailbox are terrific too. Take care and see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post! Love your postcard and how you placed each one you got.
    HeartsUntangled.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful postcards and so well displayed! This has certainly been a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card and the treasures you received!!! Happy LYA 2017!

    ReplyDelete