Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Altered Book Cover



Dreamer...you know you are a Dreamer...

This was a cover from a book that was destined for the recycle bin.  I loved it's texture, and I made it into an inspirational wall hanging for my daughter to give as a birthday gift.  And it was my first time using the tape transfer for the quote.  Here is a link for instructions to make your own transfer...Cloth Paper Scissors

Always remember to check your local library book sales or yard sales for used books that would love to be altered and given new life.  Especially if they are falling apart, and indeed headed for the dreaded trash!!! I hear them calling my name..."pick me...save me...give me an adventurous new life, full of passion"!  Yes, I too, am a DREAMER...

5 comments:

  1. One woman's trash... love what you did with the above. Dreams are good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked at our library I brought to many used books home. Books are wonderful and your artwork is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "trash to treasure"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love re-purposing stuff... just don't always have the vision of how to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very sweet altered cover. love that cute photo~!
    I've yet to try the tape transfer method but one of these days . . .

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete