Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year of Everything...

It's a brand new year, and I for one am fully engaged! The whirlwind of Christmas is a beautiful memory as we embrace a new day, a new month, a new year...

And this is my New Year 2017 studio share with you.  Hope you enjoy!


After some much needed shape-shifting before Christmas, this is my new studio space with incredible sunlight and a fabulous view of our woods in winter.  It is here, that the altered books and journals come to life. 


One finished journal tied up with a stick of palo santo wood, sitting next to a lovely cedar slice.  Two other covers lying in wait to be filled with some of this fabulous coffee stained paper.  One cover is a gorgeous upholstery sample and the other is a salvaged piece from an old purse.


These papers have been kept in a wooden box layered with sticks of palo santo wood and cedar slices, and with the smell of coffee lingering, it is such a fine combination to entice any journal experience.



Yes, it's a passion for paper...


Thank you for stopping by.  Here's wishing you all the very best for this New Year of 2017!  May it be full of great love and peace and JOY in abundance.  And as I burn the incense crows of Blessed Be, Prosperity and Friendship from my friend Nina of Happy Herbs Soap at Two Crow Cottage, I am mindful of this beautiful moment in time that is a new day, of a new month of a brand new year!
I am blessed and I am grateful...always!

Aloha!






9 comments:

  1. Vicki Vicki Vicki Congradulations on your new "space"
    It's elegant plus practical. I love it.
    You are so right, you are "out of hand" but go to it
    girl. Create!!
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judie! I love my new space! See ya soon! Aloha!

      Delete
  2. your studio is beautiful!! and your new papers and journals are gorgeous!! wishing you a most creative year in your new space!
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hello Kitty! Thanks for stopping by! Hope 2017 is great for you and "Tom". Aloha!

      Delete
    2. Did you spy your/my ukulele playing Santa?

      Delete
  3. Oh Vicki - your space is swoon worthy! I can feel all the creative magic bubbling around. So much fun! Quite the cute uke-player too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deborah, I can hardly wait to tackle this stack of luscious paper. Did you get your little package I sent?

      Delete
  4. Your space is gorgeous and inviting, Vicki! I love that you have a passion for paper and are giving old books new live! All the best to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this new year is being kind to you. I love that paper rose on your Header. You will see that I am a lover of roses of all kind. :)

    Have a nice weekend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete