Saturday, September 23, 2017

For the Birds...

This little journal was inspired by a friend who loves birds.  She has nursed birds at her home, and feeds them year round with many, many bird feeders.  She has a beloved parakeet, Mae, who is quite vocal in the morning.  Also, she teaches CREATIVE WRITING, and I thought what a great tool this little book would be to prompt just that...creative writing...or perhaps jot down your greatest joys or secrets.  I have gifted her a special journal complete with feathers, and I can't wait to see what great tale it holds within!
This little journal measures 4-1/2" x 6" and has 36 blank coffee dyed pages, contains a couple pockets with journal cards/tags.  I love making these, and no two are alike...
 
back cover
And it all ties up with a black suede strap to 
keep your secrets safe...

So, let's hear it...what is your short story about?  


10 comments:

  1. ohhhhh, it is beautiful!! so unique and well designed, she is going to love it - i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! There can never be too much admiration of our bird friends can there be? For myself, my current story is bee love - our goldenrod is hosting an incredible array of bliss-charged bee friends and it delights my heart no end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!!! All your creations are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so charming! I love the bird theme :) x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this! I'm a new follower now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful journal, a real treasure.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over to be wowed by your beautiful books. I'm still cutting and gluing away! I keep getting ideas...which is fun. I think my story would be a long one! haha! Happy November! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo, I really like this piece! I've been practicing a saddle stitch on some card stock and a few sheets of paper...it's tough to get it to stay closed.
    Thanks for visiting and hope you are having a great 2018!

    ReplyDelete